Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Foot Surgery and Wheelchair

Decemeber 16 2011 I had to have surgery to correct my foot. I had a Cheilectomy on my right foot. I thought I would be off my foot for a couple of weeks max. Turns out I have been in a wheelchair since my surgery. Its funny how you look at being in a wheelchair before you HAVE to be in one. It looks fun, you get to sit all day people have to help you. Ahhh sounds like the life right? Wrong. This is been the hardest thing I have ever had to do so far. I cant clean , cooking is a nightmare, I cant drive the list could go on and on. Its also funny how people treat you differently, I have people that wont even look me in the eye because I am in a wheelchair. The pain from the Cheilectomy wasnt that bad, but the recovery is long. Hopefully it will be worth it all. I will post an update tomorrow after my appointment. Fingers crossed that this one dr will let me start walking.

Happy Valentines Day

No comments: